Candace will be the first four-star Hydro character to be introduced in a Genshin Impact update. Both Barbara and Xingqiu were present in the initial release of the game. Naturally, fans are excited for her as a first for the game and a beautifully designed character. We've got some guidance if you've added her to your roster and need help building her.
Candace's playstyle in Genshin Impact
She appears to be the elemental damage cousin of Yun Jin. She's equipped to be off-field support who quick-swaps in to activate her Elemental Burst, swipe back at an enemy via her Elemental Skill, then let another Main DPS character take over. She doesn't heal or shield (even though she carries one), but she will add a lot of damage to teams that want to use Hydro elemental reactions such as Bloom, Hyperbloom, and Electro-Charge.
Best Weapons for Candace in Genshin Impact
You'll really want to take advantage of Candace's Elemental Burst. She may not have the benefit of many other Hydro characters on her teams, so choosing a weapon with an Energy Recharge sub-stat like the Favonius Lance or The Catch would be helpful. Most of Candace's damage scales on her Max HP, so the three-star Black Tassel would also be an easy-to-build option for her.
Best Artifacts for Candace in Genshin Impact
Candace doesn't have a four-piece Artifact set designed solely for her. A four-piece Noblesse Oblige set is never a bad choice for support characters. If you want to boost Candace's damage, try two-piece combinations of either Tenacity of the Millelith, Heart of Depth, or Noblesse Oblige.
We recommend an HP% Timepiece, a Hydro Damage % or HP% Goblet, and a CRIT or HP % Circlet. Her sub-stat's can be any form of HP, attack, CRIT, or Energy Recharge. Elemental Mastery would not be as beneficial in this build as she would be applying Hydro to enemies to set up a reaction, not triggering them herself.
Candace's skills in Genshin Impact
Normal Attack- Gleaming Spear – Guardian Stance
- Normal Attack
- Performs up to four consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack
- Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way.
- Plunging Attack
- Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE damage upon impact.
Elemental Skill- Sacred Rite: Heron's Sanctum
- Candace's fighting style can ward off an entire tide of foes.
- Rushes forward with her shield, dealing Hydro damage.
- Raises her shield to block incoming attacks from nearby opponents, forming a barrier that absorbs damage based on her Max HP and absorbs Hydro damage 250% more effectively. This barrier lasts until the Elemental Skill is unleashed.
- After holding for a certain period of time, Candace will finish charging, and when the skill button is released, the skill duration expires, or when the barrier is broken, she will perform a leaping strike that deals Hydro damage to opponents in front of her
Elemental Burst- Sacred Rite: Wagtail's Tide
- Raising her weapon on high, Candace calls upon a divine blessing that deals AoE Hydro damage based on her Max HP and continuously confers the Prayer of the Crimson Crown on your active character.
- Prayer of the Crimson Crown
- Characters deal increased Elemental damage with their Normal Attacks.
- Whenever a character takes the field, they unleash a rippling wave of water that deals Hydro damage to nearby opponents. You can trigger a limited number of waves [three] during this skill's duration.
- Sword, Claymore, and Polearm-wielding character(s) will obtain a Hydro Infusion under this effect.
- Prayer of the Crimson Crown
- To Dawn's First Light
- Decreases climbing Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%.
- Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
- Aegis of Crossed Arrows
- If an attack hits Candace in the Hold duration of Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum, that skill will finish charging instantly.
- Celestial Dome of Sand
- Characters affected by the Prayer of the Crimson Crown caused by Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide will deal 0.5% increased damage to opponents for every 1,000 points of Candace’s Max HP when they deal Elemental damage with their Normal Attacks.
Candace's constellations in Genshin Impact
- Returning Heiress of the Scarlet Sands: Constellation level one.
- The duration of the Prayer of the Crimson Crown effect triggered by Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide is increased by three seconds.
- Moon-Piercing Brilliance: Constellation level two.
- When Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum hits opponents, Candace’s Max HP will be increased by 20% for fifteen seconds.
- Hunter's Supplication: Constellation level three.
- Increases the level of Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide by three.
- The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Sentinel Oath: Constellation level four.
- Shortens the Hold CD of Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum to be the same as that of the Tapping CD.
- Heterochromatic Gaze: Constellation level five.
- Increases the level of Sacred Rite: Heron’s Sanctum by three.
- The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- The Overflow: Constellation level six.
- When characters (excluding Candace herself) affected by the Prayer of the Crimson Crown caused by Sacred Rite: Wagtail’s Tide deal Elemental damage to opponents using Normal Attacks, an attack wave will be unleashed that deals AoE Hydro damage equal to 15% of Candace’s Max HP.
- This effect can trigger once every 2.3 seconds and is considered Elemental Burst damage.
What you need to ascend Candace in Genshin Impact
To ascend Candance, you'll need the standard amounts of Experience Books and Mora, Varunada Lazurite pieces, Red Satin pieces, Redcrest fruits, and Light Guiding Tetrahedrons, dropped by the Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network. Since she scales so heavily on her Max HP, leveling her to 90 would be beneficial.
You'll need more Mora and Red Satin pieces to level up her talents. You'll also need Teachings of Admonition from the Steeple of Ignorance domain and Tears of the Calamitous God from the Raiden Shogun weekly boss.
We recommend prioritizing her Elemental Burst over her Elemental Skill. You can level her normal attacks if you want to, but this would be a much lower priority.
Best Teammates for Candace in Genshin Impact
Most Sumeran characters belong in some form of a Dendro reaction-based team. We recommend using her as a support in a Bloom or Hyperbloom team comp. Try her with Dendro, Hydro, and Electro characters such as The Dendro Traveler, Nahida, Nilou, or Cyno. You can also use her in an Electro-Charge team with Fischl, Yae Miko, or Raiden Shogun.
Need build guides for other Sumeran characters? Check out Best Dori builds in Genshin Impact – weapons, Artifacts, & more! or Best Cyno builds in Genshin Impact – Weapons, Artifacts, & more! here at Pro Game Guides.